Gap Year Program Payment & Refund Policy
All payments must be in US dollars. Checks should be made payable to ‘College Year in Athens, Inc.
For questions on any matters concerning finances, please contact the Bursar at email@example.com
- A $300 deposit is due within 4 weeks of acceptance or the latest by May 1st. If application is submitted after May 1st, the deposit must be submitted at the time of application.
- Full payment is due by July 1st.
- If you withdraw from the program before July 1st, all monies received will be refunded, including the $300 deposit.
- If withdrawal is between July 1st and August 15, 80% of the program fees will be refunded.
- if withdrawal is between August 16 and the official Arrival Date in Athens, 50% of the program fees will be refunded.
- If withdrawal is after the official Arrival Date, 10% of the program fees will be refunded.
* Note: The required minimum number of participants in a Gap Year program is 5.
CYA reserves the right to cancel the program if the minimum number of participants has not been reached by July 15. In such case all monies received, including the $300 deposit, will be refunded. CYA recommends that you do not purchase a non-refundable airline ticket before July 15.